Expand the topics below to find a specific topic.
Activating a new account
- From CustomerSource or PartnerSource, click on the training link provided by the MBS Administrator
- If prompted, choose an account type and then sign in.
- Microsoft account: This includes MSN, Hotmail, and Windows Live accounts. If you have more than one Microsoft account, note which one you use, since you need to sign in with the same one in the future.
- Office 365 account: This is an Office 365 account that you can use to access the cloud-based version of Microsoft Office and your related storage space in the cloud. If your organization set up an account for you to use to access this training, that is an Office 365 account.
Note: In some cases, your sign-in account type has already been chosen for you, based on what your organization uses.
The account you initially use to sign in is permanently associated with your Microsoft Online Learning subscription. You need to use the same account to sign in when you access your courses in the future.
- On the resulting screen, read the terms, indicate your acceptance by clicking I Accept, and then click Continue.
- Fill out the resulting profile form, taking care to populate all of the indicated required fields.
Note: The email address on this form is the one you want to be used for communication about your courses.
- Click Save. After your information is saved, you are taken to your learner home page where you can view courses assigned to you via a Dynamic Offer. You can also browse and search for courses that are available as part of the subscription.
Your home page serves as a dashboard to quickly get you to the courses that are important to you.
- The last course you accessed will appear in a Resume tile on your homepage. Click anywhere in the Resume tile to pick up where you left off.
- Courses that you have completed are available by returning to the home page and clicking the My Achievements tile. The numeric value within the tile represents the total number of courses you have completed. Aside from reviewing the course content, you can access your transcripts and completion certificates.
- Courses that are assigned to youor that you selected yourselfthat are not yet completed are available by clicking the My Courses tile. The numeric value within the tile represents the total number of courses that are not yet completed.
Note: Every course that you sign up for on your own, has an expiration date. You can check the expiration date for any course by locating the course under My courses and clicking the View transcript icon, which looks like a page with a corner tuned down.
To access courses assigned to you:
- From the home page, click the My Courses tile.
- Click to expand the "My added courses" accordion until you find the course you desire.
- To immediately start a course, click inside the "Course" tile along the left.
- To read the course overview, click the course title and then click Overview from the table.
- To view the course syllabus, click the course title. You can explore the syllabus and then click the desired topic to start from there.
- To view the system requirements, click the course title and then click System requirements from the table.
- To take the related assessment, click the course title and then click Begin Assessment.
If you don't yet have courses available in My Courses, or if you are looking for additional training, there are several ways you can explore the training that is available to you.
- Browse: On your home page, you will see a Catalog menu at the top. Click Catalog to see a list of courses by product and then click a product that interests you. The resulting screen will display the available courses on that product. By default, the results are courses in the language listed on your profile page. If you'd like to search for courses in a different language, in the Narrow by Language menu, click the drop-down arrow and select another language from the list. When you find a course you want to take, click Add to add it to your My Courses list and you can begin taking the course.
- Search: Next to the Catalog menu mentioned above is a search box. At any time, you can enter a search term in the box to locate specific courses. By default, the results are courses in the language listed on your profile page. If you'd like to search for courses in a different language, in the Narrow by Language menu, click the drop-down arrow and select another language from the list. For those courses that appear in the results and that interest you, you can click Add to add the course to your My Courses list and you can begin taking the course.
Note: You can download an Excel spreadsheet containing the full list of courses available to you. The download link is available near the top of the catalog and search results pages.
System requirements may vary between specific courses. For this reason, each course has its own set of system requirements you can view to ensure your system meets the minimum requirements to play the course.
To find course system requirements:
- Once you have located a course of interest, click the course title.
- On the resulting course detail page, click System requirements.
Transcripts in this system show your progress against a course or set of courses, as well as reflect your assessment scores. There are several levels of transcripts available, and multiple locations from which transcripts can be accessed.
Course-level transcripts show you your progress against a specific course, and each of its various components, including its related assessments.
To print a course-level transcript:
- To access a course-level transcript, click My courses on your home page, locate a specific course, and then click the View transcript icon that looks like a single page with one corner turned down.
The transcript includes information about your progress, including the last date you accessed the course and the date on which the course will expire.
- To print the transcript, click the printer icon at the upper right corner of the transcript screen.
Once you have completed a course, you can view and print the corresponding course completion certificate.
To print a certificate:
- Click the My achievements tile on your home page.
- On the resulting My achievements page, you can do either of the following to view and print certificates:
- Locate a specific course, and then click the Print Certificate option listed at the lower right of the course.
Your profile contains information about you that can be viewed by instructors and administrators. You may have provided this information when you enrolled, or the organization may have filled it in before sending you an enrollment link. You can edit this information after signing in to your Learner page.
To edit your profile:
- Click your name or email address in the upper right corner of the screen, and then click Edit profile.
- Make the desired changes to your profile and click Save. Updating the language in the profile page will change your site to the same. The following languages are currently supported:
English, Spanish (LATAM), French (France), German (Germany), Dutch (Netherlands), Italian (Italy), Russian, Portuguese (Brazil), Polish, Swedish (Sweden), Bahasa Melayu; Jawi Script (Malaysia), Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Japanese and Korean.
Note: The contact email address in your profile is where you will receive communication pertaining to your courses (i.e. changes to your courses, etc.).This is not necessarily the address you use to log in to Microsoft Online Learning.
After you have enrolled in one organization, you may be invited to enroll in another in order to take advantage of courses they offer.
The following instructions only work if you have an enrollment code (either on its own or from an email link).
To redeem the enrollment code:
- Sign in to the Learner site.
- In the drop-down menu next to your name or email address, click Redeem enrollment code.
- On the Redeem enrollment code page, fill in the enrollment code and your email address.
- Click Submit.
This applies only if you are enrolled in courses through more than one organization, and you are using the same sign-in credentials for both.
To view courses available to you from another organization:
- Click your name or email address in the upper right corner of the screen, and then click Switch organization.
- In the resulting screen, click the organization you want to change to and then click Save.
As a best practice, always sign out when you are finished to prevent any other users of the same computer from accessing your account.
To sign out:
- Click your name, and then click Sign out. (If Privacy is enabled your email address is displayed in place of your name.)
Clicking Sign out closes your current session and logs you out of the system.